Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cubic Right Angle Weave - CRAW!


What's taken so long?

It seems to take me forever when writing patterns. Admittedly, this is not the only pattern I have been working on - My Boleyn Cuff pattern is finished and has been sent off to Germany. It will be in the December issue of Perlen Poesie and I am so hoping that I will be on the front cover :)

I am totally driven by Cubic Right Angle Weave. I do manage now and then to work in Peyote or Herringbone but.....not very often. CRAW just has such an amazing quality about it. Basic Cubic Right Angle Weave is started off with 4 beads but I have worked from a 3 bead to an 8 bead base in this addictive stitch; I have worked long supple ropes as well as created very firm structures and now, this soft bangle. I love it because it is strong (yes, you do chew through your thread) and will withstand good wear and tear. I have not yet had the courage to go all out and bead a gorgeous long sling belt - sooo much beading but maybe one week when I have some time.....really???? HA! 

I am currently busy designing all the graphics for my soon to be released web site  

 
www.beadingweavingpattern.com and it will be known as Studio 183.  I honestly did not think it would take so much out of me but, It will be worth it in the end. 

I will be doing a short video on how to stitch Basic Craw and listing it here so.....sooner than later.




 





4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so fun looking! I can not wait to see your website!

Anonymous said...

Wow I didn't know you were doing a website! How cool is that! CRAW seems like all the rage at the moment! Love the new bracelet pattern!

Unknown said...

I started working in Craw over a year ago and am only now noticing how it is emerging as a fav stitch - it really is super addictive!!!

Sally Anderson said...

How fortuitous is this? I spent a long time looking for a good cubic RAW video because I had a project in my mind but didn't know how to do it. I won a beautiful necklace from one of your fellow Mavens (Nancy) that I really love and wanted to make something similar. There seem to be only 2 videos on CRAW on the whole internet! Honestly! And the sad thing is, neither are very good. I can't wait to see yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...